May 28



Apologies for the lack of updates. I've been doing my best to stay away from computers now that summer is kinda, sorta, maybe here. On that tip, here are a handful of summer-ish joints I've picked up or been sent lately.

Lykke Li "I'm Good, I'm Gone" (Fred Falke remix)

Yeah, I've been living in a cave, ignoring all the Lykke Li hype. I'm still not sure what to think now that I've actually heard her voice, but FF turns in a nice remix capturing the classic retro French vibe. Too bad he and Alan Braxe won't be working together anymore, but it's good to see him dropping his own tracks more frequently.

Chromeo "Needy Girl" (Lifelike remix)

Speaking of Braxe, I'm so amped to see him and Lifelike at Fast Life in a couple weeks. Like Daft tour 2007 amped. Yup.

Emynd "Rock This Park"

When I saw the title I knew this would be a rework of the Blackbyrds classic. Emynd's got that Philly club sound on lock, and this one is tasteful and solid the way his work always is. Brought to you by Unruly.. not sure if this will be seeing vinyl release.

No Age "Sleeper Hold" (from Nouns, 2008)

After the killer show they played at Pat's Pub last year I've been patiently waiting for the return of No Age. It's finally happening in July and the fact that they're bringing Mika Miko and Abe Vigoda with them has me extra excited. Three of LA's finest in Vancouver.. too much.

No comments: